Saturday, May 16, 2009

She's Sharing, Ya'll



So we go to this fun grocery store to get some stuff for a party and we run into the cutest little girl with her mommy. I'll let Babywheel tell the story since it's about her:

Backstory: When we go to T ra der J o es, Babywheel always gets a balloon...we don't even have to ask. She does not have to sit with her mouth agape, wondering if she can have one...they just give her one because that's what they do at the store. I mean, what 2 y/o doesn't want a balloon when they go to the store?

Today: We are in Weg man's and Babywheel sees one of the men who work at the store holding a balloon...she starts to whine...I want one.  SO, I ask the man if the balloons are for display or can she have one. They gladly cut the balloon off the little weight and give it to babywheel...score.

Later, we see a little girl about 4 years old with her mom, and Mommy asks me...where we got the balloon. I told her we sorta had to bribe to get one.  

Mom starts to explain that in Buffalo, where she's from, all the kids get balloons no matter what....kinda like at Tr a der Jo e 's for us...anyway,

Babywheel out of nowhere starts taking the balloon off her wrist to give it to the little girl.  I said are you done with the balloon? Babywheel says yes...and says she wanted to get down out of the cart to give it to her.  

I kinda chuckled because the other mom was about to cry because she thought it was such a sweet gesture.  Then both Poppawheel and I along with the other mom extolled the girls on their sharing abilities and went on our merry way.

Later, out of the blue, we see this family again....but the little girl has a lollipop in her hand. She gives it to Babywheel in an effort to share the love.

 What a sweet gesture. I wish our world was this way.

We left the store and went to play skeeball at DnB for hours and had a wonderful time! :)

What a great day!

In other news....The night before, I did makeup for a prom. In my former life, I used to do this all the time. It make me feel great to make someone feel beautiful. I love to correct the lies that women tell themselves by spewing compliments about their beauty. When I do makeup, I feel like I am just sharing what is most precious to me....my ability to be creative and create something beautiful out of someone that may be nervous before a wedding or a prom or a fun event.








2 comments:

The Davis Family said...

Aww! Sharing is caring and caring is love!!! That is too sweet!
And i still remember how beautiful you made me and my girls feel at my wedding. The make-up was stunning!!! You're da bomb!

Mrs. Strickland said...

You are an example of what it means to give of yourself - you take the gifts and talents that God has blessed you with and use them to bless others! Thanks for being who you are!