Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Real Estate, Schmeal Estate



Sorry the PhillyWheels have been out of commission lately...

MommaWheel has been taking classes and the only writing I've been doing is papers on vulnerable populations and psychological disorders :)  So, blogging was not on my mind....I dunno WHAT PoppaWheel's deal was....but lest we be rude, I need to update you on a few things:

We went to Austin, TX to see family for Spring Break......OOOH good LAWD was that a pretty place. Now imagine early April in Philly...it's 40 degrees and wet and cold and windy...we hop off the plane in Austin and it's 91 degrees....palm trees a-'glistenin' and my hair blowing in the wind a la Farrah Fawcett minus the aqua net.

Here are a few shots:


Beautiful Capitol
Great Downtown Buildings
The Girl at Breakfast at her Auntie and Uncle's House
My FaVE house in Austin
The BEST BBQ ever!




Now, the one thing that bothers me about going anywhere other than Philly is the real estate.

This is a house in Philly for 200K.



THIS is a house in Austin for 200k.  





Now take a 4600 sq ft home in the Philly area....on a 1/2 acre and it costs over a million


This is a million $$ home in TX



Here's another for good measure:


Oh, and the search for a house in Philly from 199K to 200K....came up with TWO count em 2 houses in the zip code I searched for. The were 150 houses for sale in the Austin area in that price range. 





I am thankful for a mortgage that we can afford at an interest rate that is doable. :) A girl can dream....can't she? :)






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, a girl can dream. I've been dreaming ever since I moved into this house.

Mrs. Strickland said...

Oh my!!! that was just too stinking fabulous!! I would be like a kid in a candy store up in there. In the words of Color Me Badd, "Dream on, dream away..."

The Philly Wheels said...

lol Jen, did you just quote Color Me Badd? We are indeed, in a recession :) lol

Funkidivagirl said...

Yes, I can dream too...California dreaming. But I will, as God as my witness, live within walking distance to somebody's beach!