So I started school again, on my way to becoming a clinical counseling psychologist, whatever that means... :)
Anyway, I had such trepidation about going back...how can I manage working full time, a household and my marriage along with all that is Babywheel right now? I get home at 5, BabyWheel is on my heels until 9 and Hubby is well...I like what he's on after 9...(snicker) but still....
All these thoughts were going through my head:
- Will Hubbs be ok with Babywheel for 4 hours on Saturdays or will she destroy the house?
- Will I be successful?
- If I don't get an A or B my tuition will not be reimbursed.
- Will I have time to be normal?
- How is my house gonna get cleaned?
I know people go back to school with more challenges than I do, and I understood that immediately as I walked into the classroom yesterday. There were about 22 people in class, mostly women, and the last person to come in was a man....
He had no arms and was in a wheelchair. This was not shocking to me at all because I work around people with many challenges, so that was not the point. When lecture started, he broke out his pen and started writing with his pen in his mouth. He maneuvered the syllabus with ease and had his laptop ready to take any notes.
That thought me a very quick lesson, well, two...Stop being such a friggin princess, and Lord knows if he can do it, so can I. This man was a joy to sit next to. He was a father, an owner of a business, and what seemed to be a great husband.
I will take a phrase from him today..." Glory Be to God." He said that a lot as we were making small talk. I can do all things through Christ who strengths me.
Thanks S!
-MommaWheel
4 comments:
Wow!!!
First, Congrats on deciding to continue your education.
Secondly, It's not until we stop asking ourselves what we are capable of doing that God shows us what he can do through us.
Yes indeed we can do ALL things through Christ!!!
True indeed - thanks for that encouraging post!!!!
Praise the Lord!! Going back to school is the best thing you can do for your family! And God has a way of letting us know YOU CAN DO IT! God is able and has put that same ability in you. SO what if the house is a lil dirty and Alayna's hair isn't that cute, school only last for a moment and when it's all over you can deal with that!
Be encouraged about your journey. I am EXCITED for you! God is doing some great things!
Oh don't you just love it when you are kicked in the butt. thanks for reminding me. H
Post a Comment