Monday, December 1, 2008

But For the Grace of God

I am the sort of person who listens to God.....at least when it has to do with other people....for myself, I have made my share of bad decisions over the years.

I believe that "still small voice" is that of the God's spirit, guiding us as we go along our way. I listened to this voice as I was purchasing gifts last year for Christmas. I decided to buy my inlaws a carbon monoxide monitor. I knew that they were getting older and as simple as a gift it was, they would not consider buying it for themselves.

Last week, I received an email from my mother in law....she said that they were awakened by an alarm. It was not their alarm clock or their smoke alarm, but the evacuated the house immediately and called 911. It was their carbon monoxide alarm. Normal levels are from 0-150. Their levels registered at 2400 in their basement accirding to the firefighters. Houses on both sides were evacuated as a precaution. Being exposed to that level of the odorless gas even for a few minutes could be deadly.

I just thank God that as this week, although another family here in Philly is mourning the loss of their loved one due to carbon monixide poisoining, that my mother and father in law are here with us to celebrate another Christmas.

Your voice guides me. Thank you, Lord.


Now, go buy a monitor.

--MommaWheel

2 comments:

Mrs. Strickland said...

That's what's up!!! Imma go get one for my sister!!!

The Davis Family said...

That is God! That's why it's so important to be in tuned to what God is saying and PRAY over what gifts we should give people.
That's so ironic; I received this email a few days ago. It's one of my Generous Wife Tips:



Sunday November 30, 2008


Take some time to pray about gift ideas for your husband. Ask the Lord to help you find meaningful gifts that he will really enjoy.


May no gift be too small to give, nor too simple to receive, which is wrapped in thoughtfulness, and tied with love. L.O. Baird

This applies not only to husbands but everyone.

God Bless!!! (As he already has!)