My co-workers and I talk about fitness sometimes and although we all do our own individual attempts at staying healthy, we decided to make it a group venture by going to take a Merengue Dance class. It was hilarious.
First, we went to this really cool Mexican restaurant called Adobe and then we thought it would be a nice idea to walk to the dance class. Googlemaps said it was only .6 miles and some change. No problem right? Did I forget to tell you the restaurant was in Roxborough? Think San Fransisco hills on steroids! It was brutal. What was supposed to be less than a 5 min drive turned into a 40 minute walk. I am NOT taking the fall for the walk business. lol We decided together that it would be a good idea to walk. :) At first, it was fun. We were laughing at how steep the hills were, imagining what it would be like to live in the tiny houses at the tip top of the hills. It was all uphill from there *rimshot* :) The conversation got thinner and thinner, heck, so did our waistlines.
We finally made it to the class. My boss and I took up the task of interpreting the session since 2 of our other co-workers were deaf. The class was filled with "those kinds of people" the experts who make you feel so bad that they have all the technique down and swirl and twirl around you when you're still on step one. lol
The dance instructor had THE thickest dominican accent. I almost wished he would speak spanish instead because I could not understand a word he said. HA!
All in all, we had a GREAT TIME! We're going again next month if anyone else wants to join us??? :) Trish, Natalie, Jen? :)
The belly part of this post will have to wait for another time... :)
--MommaWheel
3 comments:
Yo - I'm down. Just say the word and I'll try to get clearance...see if I've earned a weekend pass or something.
Yes, that sounds like fun(not the up hill walk part). I've always wanted to take a dance class, but could never find anyone to go with me.
That sounds SO fun!!!! That's so great that you and your co-worker friends did that. I'd love to do something like that! What a blast!
Post a Comment